Selcouth Episode 1 Selcouth Episode 1

I'll give you my 2 cents:
Animation: it appears more like a slideshow than it appears as an animation. In other words, the animation itself was incredibly limited until the end moreso. Even then, the line work was still kind of rough and the animation, while having a few more frames, was still lacking. I'll check out the future episodes to see if you improve upon future works.
And the voice acting wasn't anything amazing and the hardware you used to record it was sub-par and sounded rather cheap. And the voice acting, while kind of bland, was strangely charming in some places. But I recommend the voice actors work on their craft a bit and add a bit of personality to it.

I don't write these things for a personal attack against your work. It's so you might improve in the future. It at least held my attention until the end. Keep at it, and good luck!

bewear responds:

This is all completely true! I agree that its super slideshow-y and not very animated until certain parts, and even when it's in "animation mode" like at the end, it's not even completed or colored. I DEFINITELY did not try that hard on it, considering it was made in like 3 days, and i specifically gave the bear VA to not try that hard so I can see all your points! Thank you for input! :D I barely get any in my actual comments lol, I'll definitely try more in the future episode considering i'm not on a week schedule anymore, and especially for my future projects for fanime and stuff, i'll actually take my time and maybe you a more smoother brush for outlines haha. but yeah thank you for your comment!

THE LOLLIPOP THE LOLLIPOP

Expression is a good word to describe this animation. With no dialogue you definitely managed to evoke personality out of your characters and the emotion of the simple act of giving. I was moved.

Animation wise, relatively smooth, fluid, and bouncy. There were only a couple of parts, such as the overhead show showing the characters full body as he walked, slightly awkward. But it did not detract from the overall package.

All in all, good work!

afrotique responds:

appreciate it man!

METAL GEAR 5 AFTERMATH METAL GEAR 5 AFTERMATH

This particular video encapsulated my feelings for the franchise. And the conclusion it came to. Thank you for the reminder of my own phantom pain: the pain of a game that could have been.

OblitusCS responds:

Thanks to you my friend! Yeah, I know, such a pity.

5 types of Drivers and Riders in Vietnam 5 types of Drivers and Riders in Vietnam

Educational, and your English, while obviously not your first language, is charming in its own right. Maybe you could make more videos filling us in on more aspects of Vietnam! Most of us have no idea about your country aside from the fact we were at war with guerillas there decades ago.

Good video!

AirheadedIan responds:

Thanks a lot! I'm going to animate a series about life in Vietnam. Please look forward to it!

Animated Teaser 08: Waiting Animated Teaser 08: Waiting

As an example of your animation skills I'm most definitely intrigued. Here's hoping you manage to keep the quality consistent through and through.

ibrabdo responds:

thx m8

Sweet Retreat Sweet Retreat

I don't even. You seem to know what it is you were going for, artistic wise so I've no words of wisdom for ya. Good work, mate.

HotShot Promo Teaser HotShot Promo Teaser

I can sense your enthusiasm to get your character to actually move in a movie. It's an incredibly satisfying thing when that finally happens. Hopefully this personal project of yours makes in past the experimental stage and we can learn a bit about this character you've been slaving over all these years.

Trailer itself did just that: tease. So congrats, you performed as advertised!

The muderer in the forest The muderer in the forest

For a flash movie it's not too bad. The animation is very basic and the audio is mediocre. It's not great but its entertaining. I gotta suggest that you practice more advanced animation techniques so theres more to look at instead of just giving us what appears to be flash cutouts that just follow a path.

Died multiple times on your quiz btw.

drowsierstone responds:

ok I will try more advance animation but the quiz was a good idea

The Creators - Part 1 of 3 The Creators - Part 1 of 3

Rotoscope? If so it still makes for stellar animation. Stands in contrast to the rest of the animation.
Story is relatively entertaining for what it is... My question though is who the hell is Arkan?

chicken-tits responds:

A lot of the body animation uses rotoscope, yeah. Arkan is the character that falls from the sky - the story follows wherever he is at the time. He has more of a role in Part 2, so I might remove his name from the description, as thinking about it, that probably makes things more confusing... Cheers for the comments!

Comma.mp4 Comma.mp4

For a hand-drawn animation there is very little in the way of actual animation aside from simple mouth movements. The story or joke or whatever it was wasn't presented in a coherent fashion. Also the audio... You need to revisit that area and improve. As in hire an actual voice actress. Every time I hear that automated voice work it makes me cringe.

I don't like to give bad reviews. Try to work on those areas a bit. You'll go far that way.

NeedleFoxx responds:

Thanks for the feedback, this video was mainly made for fun and I didn't take it seriously, what ever I make in the future will be longer and strictly animated, I still have to work out voice acting though as I don't really have anyone for that at the moment.